BERTA IBANEZ- FRANCE



Berta Ibanez, a French environmental fighter, will be introduced today by an eco aware art gallery. She is experimenting with the cyanotype method. She claims that when she first started working with the blueprint approach, she asked herself this concern regarding its toxicity. I conducted the necessary research to learn about the components and how they behave chemically when blended. 



Unlike other damaging photo graphic processes, cyanotype is regarded a completely ecological approach since the two chemicals are not hazardous (in fact, one of them is utilised in the food industry), and once mixed, they form iron salts that have no influence on the environment. This is really essential to me since it allows me to continue growing my work without causing harm to the environment.



I only learned about the cyanotype photographing method a few months ago, just in time for this unique moment of the epidemic. These months of imprisonment were a great era of artistic development for me because to this approach. 


I've been able to devote all of my time to learning about this interesting process, which has unlimited potential for me to investigate. I've been isolated from the rest of the world and away from physical contact with people, so I've been able to devote all of my time to learning about it. 



This booklet contains nearly all of my works created during this period of seclusion, but also of liberation; wild grasses collected here and there, in my yard, on the streets of my town, and in the fields around.



This year, I began working on a photography project called H.A.N.D.S. The desire to work on a subject based in the contemporary global environment caused by the pandemic, on the one hand, and the continuing quest for experimentation with the method of cyanotype utilising non-conventional substrates, on the other hand, are two crucial factors in its creation. 



Physical touch has become both a risk and a deficiency. Kisses, embraces, and even a simple handshake are prohibited. I began by shooting the hands of my close friends, and as I did so, I was reminded of all the kind hands that I am no longer able to touch.

I asked my far-flung friends and relatives to send me photos of their hands, the hands that had helped, accompanied, caressed, supported, and comforted me at some point. As a result, the project evolved into a fantastic collaborative effort.


  I make negatives from of the photos I gather and then print them in little cardboard boxes that I reuse. Why not make use of the paper that already exists and is simply waiting to be thrown away? Because the epidemic has taught us that we must modify our eating habits now, not later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stella Georgiou

Shirsekar Siddhesh

Artist Priyanshu Chaurasia